One of the Gang: Wild Rose Kit

11:57

Hi Canaries!

I'm here with a layout that I was able to put together in just a few minutes.

I've been SWAMPED this past couple of weeks, so my projects are having to come together quickly, but effectively.

I decided to move away from my usual white-cardstock-base and use one of the beautiful patterned papers in the October Wild Rose Kit.



To ensure that the photo was still 'visible' on top of that big bold pattern, I made sure to add a couple of layers of patterned paper underneath, to separate the photo from the background paper. By adding the dark black and then the paler small-patterned aqua, I could simultaneously tie the photo in with the background paper (by using the colours in it, on my layers) but also separate it enough to let it be seen easily.

I added a layer of Stampin Up vellum too, to tone down the patterned papers directly around the edge of the photo.

A few more layers including the gorgeous little vellum envelope that the embellishmets came in (love these things!), and I added my title and DONE!

You don't always need to add dozens of layers or elements on a page to get an interesting end result. By choosing a background paper that is busy in itself, you can pare back what you add to the page, and still come away with a great page.

I hope you'll stop by again soon!

See you next time!

Linda

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. this page is awesome, i love that you used such a bright background paper, yet it did not swallow up the picture. love it.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive