Documenting December with Lauren!

09:00

Happy Monday Canaries! It's Lauren here celebrating the first day of December! Now, December is such a great month - summer, parties, fun and Christmas! For crafters it is even greater because it means  we can start Documenting December!


This year is my first year of doing a separate album for December and I am using the Scrappy Canary Document December Kit. This kit is awesome and full of so many great things! They are still a couple left of these amazing value kits so head here and grab one ASAP!

One of my biggest decisions in preparing to document my December was deciding what album to use - do I buy a new one, use a mini album or use something I already have?

I decided to go with a 6x8 Studio Calico handbook I had at home. It was a plain chipboard album to I decided to paint it gold to add some festive flair! I'm so happy with how it turned out!

The gold looks great and because the cover had today embossed on it I decided to also decorate the front cover using elements from the kit.

Manda has curated an amazing Document December Kit - right down to the packaging! I even incorporated some of the packaging into my cover. Manda stamped on a shipping tag and tied our packages up with twine, so I decided to use them - along with a variety of other elements on my cover.


The Elle's Studio Good Cheer December 2014 veneer was perfect for the front cover, as were the Basic Grey Evergreen paper, chipboard alphabet and die cuts. Here is a close up of the cover.


To finish it off I added other embellishments from the kit, plus some card stock from my stash. I loved the shipping tag - in fact I am thinking about using shipping tags with twine and paper tags throughout my album to add consistency.

One of the things I really love about this kit (well actually I love everything) are the printables - not only are there journalling cards, but also a range of journalling spots, tags and other embellishments.

The cards match the papers and embellishments perfectly, as do the other printables.

I spent some time cutting out all of the printables (it really is a cathartic process - you kind of find your zen cutting things out).

I decided to make the printables a key feature of my inside cover. I used the same gold paint that I has used on the cover to paint a Christmas tree on some card stock, I then used the December calendar printable as a trunk.


I used the December stamp and the 'holly jolly christmas' banner printable, along with other embellishments. On the page protector I added a tab and then used some of the Websters' Pages little letter stickers for the year.

I really wanted this front page to set the tone for the album. I am not really one for a traditional Christmas so I really want to embrace traditional Christmas colours and design for the album!

Also how good does the gold of the album and the tree look on the front page?

I loved the gold so much I decided to paint the Scrappy Canary exclusive wood veneer numbers gold too! So expect to see a lot of them throughout the month!

The colours of the album will probably be one of the few traditional Christmas activities that my husband and I get up to but I am so excited to be showing you our take on December!

I'll be back throughout the month here on the blog showing you my album and I will be posting regularly on the Scrappy Canary Instagram account so make sure that you following us on Instagram @scrappycanary and on Facebook.

We'd also love to see what you create this month so make sure you tag us and post them in the Scrappy Canary VIP Lounge on Facebook!

I'm really excited to go on my first Documenting December journey! Happy December! Love, Lauren xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive