Week 1 with the Polly June/July Kit

23:53

Ruth here, I'm sharing another week of my Project Life. Something about the yellow and blue in this kit had me craving some beach photos. I LOVE scrapbooking beach photos. We go to the beach a handful of times each year, but I scrapbook the heck out of those photos and so in 20 years my kids will think we went a LOT more than reality (unless they look closely and realise that they are all from that one day.. LOL).


Project life has become such a fun hobby for me, that I have started to work on past years, which is giving me a lot of weeks to choose from, and since I felt like beach photos, I grabbed week 1 from 2011, my youngest is 1.5yrs in the photos and it is quite a trip down memory lane to look at this week 2.5 years later and remember how small they were then.


My favourite part of the kit was the stamp, It is awesome, the word is perfect for the feel of this kit and the arrows are so versatile.


The kit is so happy and colourful, it is the kind of kit that is a breeze to create with because whatever you do, it looks bright and happy! So this was great fun, and a little nostalgic.


I used my silhouette with an Amy Tangerine / American Crafts cut file to make this spray mask for the top, and embellished it with the sweet feather that came in the kit. I traced a second feather onto patterned paper and hand cut it to layer underneath.


The Elle's studio frames make a great home for photos, journalling, embellishments or titles, whatever you need. I think the hardest thing in creating this was narrowing down my favourite journalling cards to use, since they are all gorgeous. Can't wait to get stuck into the rest of the kit and make another one! There are still some available here, with the exclusive Give a Girl a Stamp included.


Other products I used in my layouts include the months cards and page protectors by Mambi, both bought from the Polly kit, I love to take advantage of including extras for no extra shipping. I also got the card bases by Mambi for those extra cards you have left over from Project Life, just pop an appropriate journalling card on the front, they are prescored to fold nicely and you have a card in moments.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive