Guest DT - Beth Jarrett

16:21



Hi, my name is Beth and I’m so excited to be sharing my scrapping with you today using the April Showers - April Pocket Life Kit!

I really wanted to show how versatile this kit was and how far I could make it stretch, so I have created a 12x12 layout, 2 double Project Life spreads and a birthday card.

I started by creating the layout. I had a perfect photo from Father’s Day last year that I had been meaning to scrap for some time now.


I have been trying my hand at stitching lately, so inspiration struck when I was creating this layout. I incorporated a few stitched lines into my journaling and down the bottom of the layout as a design feature.
I had to think of interesting ways to maximise the paper as it is only 6x6. I cut a few strips and layered them across the top of the layout, along with a Elle’s Studio embellishment.
I used the little circle stamp and some sequins (not included in kit) as part of my design also. The colours in this kit are gorgeous and would lend themselves to masculine layouts really well.

Next up I started on my March Project Life pages. I had already done the title ‘March’ card, but that was all! (I know, I’m a little bit behind!) Again, the colours were perfect for these pages!



In between the pages, I included an A4 insert of the paintings my children made.



Now for some closer shots:



I loved the ‘hello’ die cut, but the colour wasn’t working great as I was losing it on the yellow card. So, I inked it red! Now it stands out beautifully! I also got my thread out again and stitched a couple of chevron arrows either side of hello.
I cut a 6x6 piece of paper down to 6x4 to use as the background of a pocket. On top of this I layered a Becky Higgins card and some paper and stickers from the kit. I included a couple of stickers directly onto the bottom right photo.



Again on this side, I used the paper pads as backgrounds for a couple of pockets. I love that big camera sticker! I stitched the yellow heart in the lens.
Time for the next double spread:



Once again, the colours work fantastically not only with my photos, but they really complement the Becky Higgins core cards.



This page makes use of the paper and stickers. On the top left card, I used a really old dotted circle stamp around the ‘awesome’ sticker.



Don’t you just love having the perfect piece of paper for a photo? That’s exactly what happened when I saw the rain drop paper! It was perfect for the hail storm that we experienced! I layered strips of paper with stickers, as well as the cork embellishments on this page.
And lastly, a quick birthday card that I put together, because I just loved the bicycle paper and I needed to use it!



That’s it from me. I hope you have enjoyed looking at my scrapping projects! I know I had an absolute ball creating them! Thanks so much to Polly Scraps for letting me guest design using this amazing, versatile kit!

Beth Jarrett

http://bethjarrett.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive