Tea & Toast in 32 Countries - with Kate

11:00

Good morning all,

I hope you've had a lovely start to your weekend, with at least a little bit of sunshine! So, I've got a slightly different project to share with you today! You see, I'm getting a little behind with my 2014 Project Life. And if I'm honest, I've been slightly losing my enthusiasm for it. Don't get me wrong, I still love it - but lately, not so much. I have begun sorting out my old photos of my travelling days, and really started reminiscing when I completed this layout with the April kit. My kids are now interested in learning about the world & hearing stories from our travels - and so my new project of 32 Countries was born. An album dedicated to my son's, with a spread or layout per country I have visited.

Today I'll share with you the first 3 pages of this album, using the June Pocket kit - Tea & Toast, Embellishment kit Cocoa & Chocolate and the Add on Pikelets with Maple which is still available in the store. All 3 pages have these kits mixed in together.

Shall we begin!


Firstly, oh how I love the exclusive stencil from Wilna that is in the Pikelets with Maple add on! I have so many ideas on using this stencil! On the top card, I used the stencil with the Mr Huey's watercolours, I outlined a couple of them to add some definition & really show the 'wonky' shape of those hearts! As I love to do, this month I did quite a lot of cutting up of the cards that came in the kit, wanting to use some elements from the cards, but not the whole card. The memories banner on the top panel is an example of that. Under the "Memories" banner is a sticker that says " & all of my favourite things". Perfect for a travel album. I teamed up the embellishments with the Amy Tan thickers from the March SB kit. Oh how I love that alpha!

The bottom left pocket is so simple, but I really love the message for my kids. Those Jillibean Soup cut files are so versatile, and I love that the Tea & Toast kit included the full pack. I simply mounted in on one the pieces of woodgrain paper, added a bit more to the sentiment & done. The card on the right was included in the kit. I covered up the "hello" banner with some die cut wood grain paper, and a sticker from the Cocoa & Chocolate Embellishment kit (seriously, that kit was PACKED this month!). The sticker says "What a wonderful world" and may just have been my inspiration around the whole album!!

Moving on - to 1991 & my first time leaving Australia. On a cruise ship. With 5 girlfriends! Yep, there are some stories! And yes, those are original photos!


LHS

I kept this side very simple, just telling the story of the trip to my boys. In the top pocket is an original professional photograph taken as we bordered the ship. The embellishments are actually stuck on the card stock & the page protector, with the photograph just slipped in. It is quite discoloured already, so any protection is better than none! It's one of my favourite photos ever! I met these ladies when I started pre-school & kindergarten & they are still my friends to this day. The card below, again simple, just shows a photo of a very young me, about to depart Australia for the first time. I still remember that moment! So glad my Dad could capture it. The cropped photo fitted perfectly in the pre-printed card. For the card on the right, I added some cut up Project life card & some of those great cork arrows. I want a whole huge sheet of those!!

RHS

The layout on the RHS uses lots of my favourite pieces of the kits. That silver washi tape (metallic) is DIVINE. Probably my favourite washi ever. Love it a lot. It's in the Pikelets & Maple  or the Pancakes & Maple add on. The photo does not do the shine of that tape justice. It's gorgeous in real life. So when I was going through my old photographs, I quickly realised that I didn't have many photos of me actually in the countries we went to - and I had a lot of photos of me getting up to mischief on the ship! But I did find this photo of us all swimming in Vanuatu, so perfect for an album for my kids!!! I started by lining the top & bottom of the page with washi tapes. I mounted the photo on some green & aqua paper from the March kit, to try to bring out the colour of the water. Old photo - colours are lost. But never mind! 


One of my strongest memories was the music played. So I really wanted to use the bright pink card that featuring music. I love how it looks in the corner. This little cluster also features a banner cut from a PL card with a die cut number 1 from the woodgrain paper, a compass stamp from my collection; and those gorgeous Evalicious puffy stickers (love love love!) and the metallic heart. Those embellishments just work so well together!



I repeated the washi tape down the bottom, as well as the stamp & the metallic embellishments. I also added a little stamped banner using the stamp from the Tea & Toast  Project Life kit. I stamped it on the "Life is Beautiful" card & then fussy cut it out. I like the repeated "life is beautiful" banner. Finally, adding the "Smile" die cut onto the photo helped to highlight us in the water & I really love the way it looks on the whole photo.

So that's it from me for this week. I hope you've enjoyed my slightly different take on the Project Life kit this month. I'm really looking forward to doing more layouts for this album, and taking a trip down memory lane. After all, that's what this hobby of ours is all about isn't it!!

Till next time

Kate

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Awesome idea Kate. I love it. What a very special thing to be able to give to your children. Thanks for sharing.
    PS I love the water painting of hearts using the mask on first card??? The colours look great.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive