Tea, Toast & Project Life - with Kate

17:32

Hi all - my first post as a Canary girl! Exciting! Today I'm bringing you another Project Life spread that I created with the June Project Life (Tea & Toast)  & Embellishment kit (Cocoa & Chocolate). I know we may sound like a broken record, the other DT girls & I, but I REALLY loved working with these kits. I found them so easy to work with, and this spread was probably my quickest DT spread to put together - ever! So thank you Ruth - beautiful kit to finish up Polly with! So, onto the spread. Here is the two pages together.
I was inspired by a layout from my lovely fellow DT member, Carol some months ago, where she used colour blocking in columns for one of her PL spreads. Now, usually, when I'm doing my second layout for the month from the kit, I have bits & pieces left over, and it is a little more difficult to have continuity in the layout. When I was looking at my supplies (everything in this layout is from the kits or printables, except for the Thickers, which I picked up on clearance at Spotlight for $2! Score!), I started to separate the papers & embellishments into colours, & quickly decided to try to do some colour blocking. And I really love how it turned out! And it came together SO quickly! I mean, about 45 minutes quickly (which is SUPER quick for me, the worlds slowest crafter!)
LHSIt was a slow week for us, with a lot of time spent indoors as the kids were sick. Lots of pyjama photos!  On these two colours I used the PL cards included in the kit - together with lots of the printables, cut a parts &  embellishments. And simple. Sometimes simple suits the week.
Here's a close up of the title card. I loved having a printable calendar this month - I simply circled the appropriate dates & added a little tab to stick up above the card. Sometimes I like to colour outside of the lines! I think my favourite thing in the kits this month was those metallic embellishments from MME. They SHINE in real life - and look totally gorgeous in the album.
RHSI'm really wanting to try using some other page protectors for my PL, mostly to use up my stash before buying more Design A! For this side I concentrated on the wood grain papers & used a Design E page. The woodgrain really suited our day out exploring in the mountains, and I really love how this page turned out! The little bits of gold & silver embellishments scattered really pop, like in the card below where I just layered a little bit of washi tape behind the camera, but it really does flash!
 
The gold stickers from MME also make the page pop, and I really liked that large sticker sheet in the Cocoa & Chocolate kit & was able to use a lot of them throughout my spreads. So, I hope you've enjoyed my little spread. I really encourage you to try some colour blocking. I know you'll be pleased with the results!
And if you are up for some challenges, we are hosting another Cyber Crop this weekend in the Scrappy Canary VIP room on Facebook. You can find us here.  Challenges will be posted through the weekend. I hope you come and join us. For a little sneak peak, here's one of my samples for one of the challenges.
I hope you come say hi in the VIP room!
Till next time
Kate

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive