"Someday you'll find it, the Rainbow Connection" - with Lauren

09:00

Hello Canaries! Lauren here! I hope that you are all having a wonderful January! I am currently spending a couple of weeks looking after my Mum's dog in country Victoria and I have to say I'm having a ball!

Being here is so peaceful - plus I have been able to catch up on a lot of scrapping! I feel so behind - the Pocket Life spread that I am about to show you is for Week 46 (10 November - 16 November)! Given the busy December I had, early November feels like a life time ago.


For this spread I used the December Pocket Life Kit 'Rainbow Connection' (by the way, since getting the kit I cannot stop sing the song in a Kermit the Frog voice) along with the 'Lucky Star' Embellishment Kit (now who's singing Madonna?).

I absolutely adored the Heidi Swapp September Skies paper and the way that the colours of this collection were tied in throughout both of the kits. The colours of the collection, especially the lime green, also reinforced why I know I'm a scrapbooker - my excitement that my nephew is wearing a lime green shirt! His fashion choices are tying the whole thing together!


Speaking of Heidi Swapp - one of the most interesting things in the Rainbow Connection kit was the magic chipboard alphabet.  The way these alphas work is that you mist them and then wipe away the residue mist - revealing the stripe on the letters. I was lucky that I had some Heidi Swapp mists in my stash that matched perfectly - but ink pads or gelatos also work well.

Using the sun motif on the exclusive stamp set I created my own journalling cards and finished them off with some hand drawn borders - I think they turned out so cute.

Across the layout I used the same structure with the headings and then embellished them either above or below with the Maggie Holmes Open Book Foil Label Stickers. These stickers had so much variety and many of the phrases were a perfect match with what the photo was of. You can see it below with the heading City 'today'.


I love embellishing across my layouts and the different collections enable consistency throughout the layout. Evalicious banner puffy stickers - be still my beating heart! The Amy Tangerine Stitched transparencies were also great and I used a couple across the spread - you can see the Love Love Love above, which matched the colours in the photo perfectly.

It's really fun making your own filler cards using kits. It's a great way to bring together all of the colours and embellishments used throughout the layout - I generally do this through my title card but in this spread I also used another filler card. As much of the right hand side spread was taken up with family fun I used the 'family sticker' from the Heidi Swapp epoxy stickers in the embellishment kit. I also really love the colours in Pebbles Happy Day Frames.


I am really happy with how this spread turned out. What I love the most are all of the bright colours - you know brights are my fav! They just make layouts pop and I think reflect my personality.

So there you have it lovelies - my Week 46! I hope you enjoyed it. I'll be back soon with more creations so stay tuned! Have a great weekend! Lauren xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive