Lauren's Non-Traditional Valentine

09:00

Happy Monday from Lauren! I hope that you all had a great weekend - I moved house yet again! We are moving in with my Mum until our renovations on our new place are done, so I'm not sure how much time (or space) I'll have for creating! But, I am currently planning my new scrap room and it will be the first time I have planned my space from scratch - so I can't wait to take you on a room tour!

In my last blog post I showed you my Week 7 using the April Pocket Life Kit: Oxford and today I am using the left over cards to make a traditional layout! I'm not one for over the top, lovey-dovey layouts, so I have done a non-traditional Valentine's Day.


I decided to take on an ambitious project using circles as my theme. To start with, using a compass (which made me feel like I was in high school again) I drew two circles on my white card stock.


The outside circle I pierced using a paper piercer (with foam underneath) so I could stitch it and drew the inside circle as a template for my punched patterned paper circles. Once I completed the stitching I then drew a third circle to give cutting lines for the white card stock. Later on I drew another circle on the blue mounting card stock and stitched another border in white to ensure that the layout stood out.


I stitched the outside circle in red - as it was a Valentines layout and I wanted the red in the layout to really pop. Whenever I take on these stitching projects I always think it is a great idea, then over an hour later I realise maybe it wasn't such a brilliant plan! But I really feel it is worth the effort and looks effective.

I then punched a number of circles out of both the Shimelle 6x6 paper pad and the leftover Simple Stories Journalling Cards.


I layered these circles inside the inside circle. I really love the circular pattern and the combination of bold colours. I also layered arrows, both the cork and the arrows I fussy cut from the journalling cards, to draw attention to the title 'My Valentine' which I put together using the Shimelle alphabet stickers.


I layered more arrows, along with phrase stickers in the opposite corner, along with a sprinkling of enamel dots from my stash. I matted the photo on red and blue card stock. I then got out my fringing scissors on a piece of the 6x6 paper - I love the yellow and how the fringing really makes the layout pop!


So there you have it - my non-traditional February 14 layout! I had so much fun making this layout!

Don't forget to use the code LAUREN10 to get 10% off all of your goodies in the Scrappy Canary store! Have a great week and happy scrapping! Love, Lauren xx






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive