Ruth's Project Life: Week 26 featuring the May-June Kit

21:30

Hello again, Polly! Scrap fans, I'm back today with my Project life for last week, which was week 26. I've used the gorgeous May-June kit, which continues to be a delight to scrapbook with. Those who didnt manage to nab one will be happy to know that the July kit is just around the corner and you can join us for the sneak peeks and excitement here.

We have past the half way mark and it continues to be something I am loving every week. This time I included an insert, I haven't got the smaller page protectors, so I just buy the full 12x12 sheets and use my trimmer to cut it in half. Kayla sells them individually, so I added a couple in with my PL order and they arrived in the one box.


This time I finished off my Elle's Studio daily cards, and I picked out my favourites from the 6x6 papers and cut them down as backgrounds, filling the rest with my photos. Above is the left hand page, I added a little stamping, once again used the terrific cork arrows to indicate the photos that relate to the journalling and I added the lovely enamel dots that are in the kit, just to sprinkle some colour around the page.


After such a rainy week around here I decided to add some extra rainbow colour to my page, and you can see on both my pages that I added some simply watercolouring to my journalling cards before writing on them. It was extremely simple, just an aquash brush and 5 different watercolours, a stripe of each, added before the previous one dried so it blended nicely. I tried not to use too much water so that the card wouldnt warp, but since the Elle's studio cards are quite sturdy, it wasnt hard at all. I also used the same colours with some Give a Girl stamps on a peice of the SC paper from the kit to add some additional journalling about the week.

 

I had an insert for this week because instead of our usual park get together on the weekend, we all got our boots on and went out for some puddle jumping fun. I brought along Dad's big camera just for the fun of taking some photos with it, usually I use my iphone. I had too many fun photos to use only one, so I added an insert as an excuse to include more of the photos. I was out of journalling cards that would work at this point, so I choice the aquatic themed paper that I had not used and cut it down to include the anchor.. though Im not sure that jumping in puddles has much of anything to do with anchors, but it is a serious stretch to find anything better in the midst of our Aussie winter!! It was a cute doodle and I'll take a pretty slim excuse to use pretty patterned paper. You can find more of my layouts on my blog.

This week is going to be busy on the blog, we have a lot of posts sharing something I know every crafter loves to see photos of, care to guess what it may be?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive