September Classes using my Polly! project life kit

23:17

Welcome to September, Polly! people, Ruth here, and it is the month of #30Lists and Learn Something New Everyday, and this year it is also includes a Week in the Life. These are ongoing classes that reoccur every year, and personally I have taken each of them in the past at least once, but never more than one at a time!


Today I am sharing my first take on using the August Polly PL kit, and I'm using it as part of a mini album for this month. I got this terrific BasicGrey 7x9 mini album, with divided page protectors in it, and each space is nice and small to fit a little photo or a little bit of writing. Nothing too big or challenging when I am writing something every day, sometimes several things.

If you want to get a mini album too, I'm going to give you a couple of suggestions. With the Polly store reducing in size to focus more on kits, we wont have everything available, so I would suggest you contact Jodie the polkadotcreative or LeeAnne at Scraptherapy for lots of album options. Both of these stores are well stocked and I have had terrific customer service from them personally, these are really lovely and hard-working women you can contact if you are ever looking for something that isn't in our kits.


I'm not quite sure whether I will include my week in the life here or go digital again, I like the clean simplicity of digital for my annual WITL album, but I do love the tactile nature of going with traditional crafting. So far this album is more fun than effort, which is always the goal.


I started using the polly kit by cutting up all my journalling cards and then adding in my photos, leaving a lot of spaces to write in. then adding a few bits of alphabet stickers and word stickers, just for accent really.


The lovely patterns by Kaitlin from Ormolu, who designed the Hello Again line for Carta Bella are so versatile and easy to use in small or large doses. I picked a few I could use as journalling spots, which was a fun mix of patterned paper and writing.


One of the reasons I love to do different things with my everyday documentation during the year, is that it reminds you to photograph something you might not otherwise have noticed. Thinking about what is happening in the day with intention so that you appreciate just a little bit of what is going on, notice it and value it and write it down. My lessons in LSNED are usually humble things, like 'if you look around in september you will notice that spring really has arrived" after spotting the rainbow parakeet while waiting for school pickup or "some things never change in 30 years, like putting jam and peanut butter on toast for breakfast" when my daughter decided she prefers my toast to her usual vegemite (who wouldnt prefer PBJ!)


I still have lots of the kit left, so I will be back soon to share again with the kit. We currently have a giveaway on our new instagram feed, hop over there, follow and tag a friend to get in the running to win some of the exclusive kit flair. There will be a newsletter coming out by this weekend too with exciting news and announcements to share.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive