Polly Guest Designer - Louise

11:00

Hello you wonderful lot!  I hope that you all had a beaut Australia Day yesterday.  Have we got a treat in store for you this evening!  The amazingly talented Louise Beerens is in the house using the Polly! January Scrapbooking Kit and has created a festive layout!  Let's hear a little about Louise before she shares her layout with us!


I’m Louise Beerens from Perth, Western Australia.  I am 40,  Mum to two energetic little boys and wife to a FIFO husband.  Like many, I discovered scrapbooking shortly after my first child was born in 2006 and after flicking through some magazines and seeing all the different styles and products, I was hooked.  Patterned paper is my number one fave product and I cannot create a page without it.  Over the years I have found my style comfort-zone and you will usually find plenty of white space, journaling, ink splatters and machine stitching on my layouts.  Scrapbooking is definitely a creative escape for me, but what drives me is the story-telling.  I want my children (and their children) to know our stories - the big events but also the everyday routine stuff.

You can find me at…..
http://madeatnumber27.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/MadeatNumber27
https://twitter.com/LouiseBeerens
http://instagram.com/louisebeerens


Party (by Louise)


It’s Louise here today Guest Designing for Polly Scrap Kits and I was excited to be working with the January kit, Almond Biscotti.  As soon as I opened the box I could see so many possibilities- celebrations, New Year, 2014 and Australia.  Perfect for January scrapbooking!  I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous bokeh/confetti patterned paper and the little confetti pocket and decided to scrap a photo of my husband and I snapped by my seven year old as we headed out the door for a Christmas party.  We rarely get to go out without the boys- maybe once a year if we’re lucky- so this was definitely a scrap-worthy occasion!

I teamed the confetti paper with the gorgeous watercoloured paper to create my main layering area, but you will also notice some of the other papers peeking out from behind the photo and the beneath the grouping I created. I also layered the clear confetti pocket over some paper to really make it pop.
I added two main embellishment clusters - one in the top-left corner of the page 


and another one on the bottom right corner of the confetti pocket.
  


I utilised the stamp set from the kit to repeat the black from the Thickers I used to create my title and the black pen I used for my journaling.



I had a lot of fun with this kit and I will be back soon to share some more.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive