One Photo, Two Ways!

12:43

Happy Sunday everyone, Lauren here! I hope that you are all enjoying the weekend and getting in some crafty time! This month you are all going to get sick of the sight of me - not only will I be working on some Project Life creations, but I am also filling in on the traditional scrapbook front while the gorgeous Manda is having a well deserved break.

Today I thought that I would take one photo and use it two ways! One of the joys (if there are in fact any joys) of being so far behind in my scrapping (I'm up to … cough… February... cough) is that when this month's kits came I knew that it would be perfect to scrap a cute Valentines Day pic. The kits were so awesome and all of the embellishments went perfectly so I thought I would create two layouts using the same black and white photo. I used the Palm Tree kit - which is jam packed full of awesome goodies!


Lately I have been experimenting a lot with mists so the stencils that were included with the kits were perfect, plus the love heart went so well with the Valentine photo. I really loved the pink and orange from the Sprinkled with Love - So In Love paper by Alison Kreft so I decided to use that as my base colours. I used white card stock and lay down the stencil and misted, first with the orange and then with the pink - moving the stencil to different spots on the page. It created a great background.

I then punched out hearts from the orange and pink parts of the paper, along with hearts from the vellum overlays. I then pulled out some of the heart stickers and veneer hearts from the embellishment kit to create a heart sprinkle effect across the page. For the title I cut out love from the paper and then layered the love veneer embellishment over the photo. I am so happy with this layout!


Now, onto the second way with the same photo (by this point I was also sick of looking at our faces!). I absolutely love the look of layers that so many people are working with at the moment, so I decided to go down that path. I knew what I wanted to title the piece - 'You Make Me Happy' - there were so many use embellishments in the Pink Paislee Hello pack that reflected rain and sunshine, plus the gorgeous D'Lish flair and the Amy Tangerine Happy veneer. Love!

So then it was a matter of playing around with the layers and the embellishments - I don't now about you but this is often the process that takes the longest amount of time! What goes where! The joys of being a perfectionist hey? I even used one of the vellum bags that our embellishments came with. I also pulled out my gelatos and drew clouds on the grey card stock to really draw out the 'when skies are grey' part of the theme. So much fun! I will definitely be using the gelatos more often.


So there you have it lovelies - one photo, two ways. It is amazing how different two layouts can be! While there are no main kits left this month as they are all sold out, there are some extra bonus kits available to purchase, so head on over and pick one up! Also make sure that you show us all of the great pages that you are creating with this month's kits - head over to our Facebook Page or show us on Instagram using the hashtag #pollyscrap. Can't wait to see what you make. I'll be back soon with more creations. Stay crafty, L xx.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive