Colour, lots and lots of colour!

09:46

Hi Polly lovelies! This month I have been so lucky to play with all three of the kits - talk about being a lucky woman! As you all would know from my previous creations I am not one for subtle colours, I love bright, bold and a little quirky and this month's Tropical Twilight Pocket Life Kit delivered this in spades!

The Basic Grey Highline collection is exactly my style - plus it also incorporates some of the latest trends in scrapbooking - brush script, transparencies and neon! Love it! I used this collection as the base for my layouts, using the cards and the pack of transparencies and die cuts - it really enabled me to pull the layout together. The great thing was I could cut down the card pad to create even more embellishments and journalling spots.


I am sure you all know by now that I love writing on photos and often use the curve or lines of a photo as a guide for my journalling. Don't be afraid to write or stamp on photos - they are your memory and what better way to capture the moment by including it on the photo. I know that lots of people don't like their handwriting but include it in your albums - it will be those photos or journalling cards that your loved ones will treasure in the future. Take a chance - pull out that permanent marker and write on your photos!


Small 3x4 stencils, like the Heidi Swapp stencils we got in this month's kit, provide Pocket Scrapbookers with a great chance to experiment with mixed media techniques, but not feel totally overwhelmed by working on a 12x12 layout. You can see above that I used the chevron stencil I got, with some neon pink mist, on the Simple Stories DIY Kraft Card Foundations banner, which I then layered under a photo of my mum. It was a lot of fun to get misting! Make sure you give this simple technique a try this month!

How lucky are we that we get to have exclusive embellishments here at Polly from some of the world's greatest scrapbookers? This month we got to play with some more Amy Tangerine exclusives. The wood veneer 'today' was perfect to adhere to one of the Simple Stories DIY Basic Cards and provided a title for my journalling (about Bruce Springsteen…THE BOSS….SWOON!!!!!).

















One of the great things about being a Polly subscriber is the access to the digital files, which this month were designed by my fellow DT Manda Moore and her amazing studio, Mandalika designs. They are great to incorporate into a layout, you can see above I used the label for the 'too cute' embellishment! So versatile.

So that is my take on the Tropical Twilight kit - it was so much fun! I can't wait to see what you all create this month, so make sure that you share them on Instagram or on Facebook using #pollyscrap or link to your blog in the comments. I'd love to see what your week looked like! Lots of love, Lauren xx




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive