Masculine June layout by Sandra Bunch

18:30

Hi there everyone, it's Sandra with a new layout using pieces from various June kits. I loved every single one of Ruth's final "hurrah" kits, so I may have indulged in many kits during June :)

One of the things that stuck in my mind from all the talk in the Scrappy Canary VIP Lounge was that the June kits were quite girly. That's about all I needed to hear for my stubborn self to try and prove those people wrong (sorry ladies!!) and show that any kit will also work for male layouts. As I have already mentioned, I LOVED the June kits, but I have 2 boys as well as my girl, and none of them were missing out on having a layout made for them this month. What I love about these kits is there is so much in them, so I can make a whole bunch and still have left-overs!
Firstly, I cannot express how deeply my love runs for Wilna Furstenberg's script pieces and stencil. The stencils especially, I know will get a work out! The script words will have to wait for the "perfect" layouts, because those my friends, aren't just for any layout :) I chose to use the "Love you to bits" mini stencil as my title. I pulled out my black watercolour paint and splashed myself a messy background over the stencil and extending around the photo. You do have to be careful around the stencil so that the paint doesn't slip too far under the stencil and make it difficult to read. You can use a temporary adhesive if you like. While the paint was still wet and pooled, I "sponged" over sections with a paper towel to make it look that bit more grungy.


I used another Wilna exclusive, this time a wood veneer in a cluster at the bottom left of the page, over the {scrAp that!} gold dipped speech bubble.



I did a similar thing at the top of the page, using the hearts and leaves Wilna stencil. Even though the stencil is quite girly, I don't think it looks out of place in black on this masculine page ;) The vellum piece in the Coffee and Bacon scrap kit works perfectly for boys, so that was a must. Other than that I just used a couple of strips of paper here and there just to give it some colour, and then more gold with the glitter stars and string. I then punched out some stars from the same paper and scattered them around the page.

I have been thoroughly enjoying seeing what the other DT girls and the canary VIPs have been coming up with using the June kits. Thank you so much for sharing. The support in that group is amazing, so if you've been thinking about uploading but a little shy, I highly recommend taking the plunge in that group :)

Love and light,
Sandra xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive