Making gifts for family using your skills and an awesome kit

08:03

Good Morning! Ruth here today with this November Polly! Kit and some thoughts on creating gifts using your favourite hobby and mine.

November and December are both busy in our family with birthdays and christmas gifts to organise. This year I picked up a couple of different frames made by Kaisercraft and used them to create gifts for two recent birthdays. I plan to use a few others to make Christmas presents too.
I used the November Single Kit for the one above, I simple love to colours in this kit, and they went beautifully with this photo from a recent wedding that was by the beach. The words and the colours both fit the feel of that day.

I think the secret to this gift is choosing the photo as one that they will like to revisit and then trying not to overwhelm the image with product. In my personal scrapbooking I do what is fun, sometimes that means loads of stuff on the page and sometimes it is more minimal, but it is as much as the de-stressing in the creative process than the end product. When creating for someone else I focus on what they will enjoy the most.
This second frame is a slightly deeper one, but the same ideas apply. Once again I used the November Single kit and this time I snaffled the picture from her Facebook page. The quality turned out better than I had hoped and I printed it at 5x7 without it looking grainy. The soft loving looks in the photo work nicely with the coral ombre in the background.
Thanks for joining me today, we still have a few of these kits left in store, but not many, so grab one today and you could get creating for your christmas gifts (or you could always just get it for your own enjoyment!).

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love your tags, they are simple but pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive