Lauren's 30-minute layout

09:00

30 minutes for a layout? No problems!

Hi everyone, Lauren here! Hope that you are all having a wonderful April and enjoying the first autumn leaves of the season.

So, normally I spend a lot of time on layouts – both traditional and pocket scrapbooking – but sometimes I like to speed things up and give myself 30 minutes to create! There’s no time for procrastinating and what I find is that the creative juices flow.

So I gave myself the March scrapbook kit Spearmint Leaves. Clearly everyone loved this kit as much as I did as it is sold out! Make sure that you all post your creations to Instagram and tag @pollyscrap and tag #pollyscrapkits so that we can see all of the beautiful things you make with this kit.

Anyway, back on task. I set the clock and set to work. The Plus One papers were great so as I flicked through I saw that one of the papers would make the perfect background so I set that aside. I then tipped out the embellishments and pulled out the gold tipped leaves. Now, I was feeling inspired after a class with Heidi Swapp (look at me scrappy name dropper) so I decided to use the leaves as a mask, so off I went and sprayed green Color Shine over the leaves. I absolutely love this look.


While the mist was drying I cleaned off the leaves and gathered together the other embellishments that I wanted to use and printed off my photo (of two of my gorgeous friends and I out for dinner) – it may not be the best photo but it certainly was the best fun!

I decided to cut the bottom strip off the Plus One papers and cut them into flags to use on the page as accents. I cut the other paper into a square to create a backing layer and also made a larger flag with the reverse side.

Once the paper dried (which only took ten minutes) I then placed down all of the paper and my photo, did some rearranging and then stuck it all down. I wanted to include the ‘love’ cork embellishment, so I incorporated it into my title.

I put together some clusters of embellishments to balance out the page (including the Amy Tan acrylic heart – swoon), adhered the leaves to keep the theme across the page and finally added some handwritten journaling.



So there you have it, 30 minutes from go to whoah! So, think you don’t have enough time for traditional layouts? Think again! Set the timer and get cracking! Ready Set Go! 

Love love love, L xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive