A Mother's Day Mini

11:00

Hi Polly lovelies, Lauren here! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and that if you are a Mum you had a wonderful day. I have been away for the last month for work travelling to the United States (I had an amazing time) and awaiting my arrival home was a stack of mail, including the happiest mail of all, my April Polly Pocket Life Kit!

I wasn't sure what to create with my April Showers Pocket Life Kit but I thought of the perfect project, a Mother's Day mini album for my mother-in-law Judy.

My mother-in-law has three sons, two grandsons, plus three daughters-in-law, so the colours of the were perfect for a more male-focused album. I also loved the sentiments of the Fancy Pants 'Be Different' stickers - they were just so cute and cheeky - perfect for my nephews!

As you can see I used a wooden tag album and then made some flags with the papers and layered them with the Echo Park, Elle's Studio, Fancy Pants and Studio Calico embellishments, along with cork and die cuts. The only thing that I added to this month's kit was some enamel dots to bring out the colours in the Basic Grey Mon Ami papers. 
On the album cover I also used the exclusive Polly 'week' stamp set. The circles in that stamp set tied in perfectly with the circles on the paper I used for the cover. When you get a stamp set it is important to think outside the box and use stamps as background or as embellishments. When you first look at the 'week' stamp you may just see numbers for your Pocket Scrapbooking pages, but if you look closer sometimes you can see a different use.


To keep the album together I used an album ring and some left over ribbon scraps that I had - I think it gives the album a real 'shabby chic' feel. I also decorated the front of a gift box with the left over papers, embellishments and some of the lawn fawn alphas.


So, this is my take on the April Showers Pocket Life kit. Sometimes with kits you need to think outside the square and this one gave me a chance to not only step outside the box and have fun with an off-the-page project, but also meant I could create a special gift for a wonderful Mum. When I gave it to her I knew it would be treasured and that is what preserving memories is all about isn't it? 

Have a wonderful Monday and a great week. Keep crafting lovelies!

Lauren xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive