Project Life - April Showers - with Kate

11:00

Good morning girls (and guys?)

Kate here to share with you my latest Project Life spread using the April Showers Pocket Life kit.



This kit features the Mon Ami papers from Kelly Purkey & lots of colour co-ordinated & cork embellishments. The printables from Manda are always my favourite, and this month is no exception. I love adding them to my spread. 



LHS

So my photos are from my Week 16 - the second week of the school holidays for us here in Melbourne, and Easter week. As per usual in my Project Life at the moment, Lego makes a feature! Much time was spent building new Lego sets, inspired by the movie. and I also dyed my hair pink like Wyldstyle, just to make my kids laugh! So, the first thing I noticed when I laid my photos out, was that brown seemed to be a feature colour - the coffee table, the bark under the swing, & the staircase. So, I decided to incorporate some more cork in my spread. To do this, I decided to stamp on some cork (I purchased mine from Spotlight - I recommend you get the thin sheet!), and I also mounted some of the stickers & printables onto cork. Here is a close up of the title card.


I really like how the stickers & printables look on the cork. It makes them pop in real life. As usual, I also wanted to have a play around with the stamps. I liked the hexagon shape in the printables and on some of the papers, so I decided to emphasise that, and create a pattern with a hexagon stamp (from my stash) and the lovely circle stamps that came in the kit stamp set. And once again, once I started I couldn't stop! So this pattern became a feature of the layout and was continued throughout the spread.
I really love the size of those numbers. I can see they are going to be a feature on my weekly title cards from now on!

A big feature at the beginning of the week, was the "Blood Moon" - a complete eclipse of the moon, that my 7 year old was VERY excited about seeing. It was an adventure to be sure, and hubby actually caught a photo of it! (Love it when the other half gets involved in Project Life!) Now, this week actually also featured a very sick baby & a lot of "at home" time. There were also a couple of occasions that friends took my other kids for play dates, of which I don't have any photos. So I decided to take a leaf from Kelly Purkey's book & was inspired by one of her papers to doodle the happenings of the week. Here is a close up.


That photo of the "Blood Moon" doesn't do it justice as to how beautiful it was to see. But I'm very glad to have it in our album! On the "doodle" card, I also included some of the tiny word stamps from the stamp set. 

Onto the RHS, which is basically our Easter Weekend - which started with some mini golf when we could finally escape the house, and ended with Easter celebrations with dear friends.

Once again, the stamping & paper piecing pattern continues. And lots of journalling. I was surprised by how much I wanted to write! My photos of our egg hunt are quite bad - I couldn't get the kids to stand still! But by collecting them all together into a collage, it worked better. I also used the cork XO embellishment that I had left over from last months Jellybeans kit. 

And one final close up - just cause I think he is such a cutie! And he was sick - but still able to smile. Love those die cut wood grain pieces from the kit! Hope you've enjoyed my take on the kit. I'll be back on Mother's Day with another project featuring this kit.


If you're tired of missing out of the gorgeous (but usually sold out!) Pocket Life kits, why don't you think about becoming a subscriber? A total bargain for only $22.75. Full of goodness every month! Click here for more details.

Till next time - hope you are well. And if, like me, you're sick - I hope you can still smile like a toddler!

Cheers
Kate



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive