Pretty Pastels with Lauren

09:00

Hi Canaries, it's Lauren here with another Pocket Life spread using the March Pocket Life Kit: Whimsy.

I have loved working with this kit and I have used almost everything, apart from a couple of little bits and pieces that I will be using in an upcoming creation for the Scrappy Canary National Scrapbook Day Cyber Crop. You can find out more information at the Facebook event and I hope to see you in the VIP Lounge on National Scrapbook Day. I can't wait for you all to have a go at the Challenge I am setting for you.

Today I am taking you through my Week 6 Pocket Life spread - see I am getting there! I decided to predominantly use the Project Life Inspire cards that were in the kit. I really love the water colour look of these cards.


As I didn't have many 4x6 cards I created my own to match the Inspire collection. I used my Gelatos to create the background for both the title card and a card to document moving house.

To create the card I first covered white textured card stock with the white gelato.

I then coloured over the top of it with a pale blue colour.

Mixing the blue on top of the white meant that the blue was more pastel, tying it in with the colours of the Inspire cards.

I then dipped a paintbrush in water and painted over the Gelatos - this created the water colour look on the filler cards. I also created a pale pink watercolour card, which I used for the title card.

Don't forget that Scrappy Canary is now selling Gelatos in the store - so head on over and grab some. They are fantastic and such a great addition to your layouts! I am really happy with how these cards turned out and they really brought the spread together. You can see a closer look below - excuse my manic moving house face!


I was literally drowning in a sea of boxes but the 'follow your bliss' sentiment that I fussy cut out of one of the journalling cards reminds me that the pain of moving will be worth it in the end as we are following our dreams and moving to the country.

I also used a range of the Heidi Swapp gold chip board shapes across the spread, along with the Elle's Studio alphabet and the Elle's Studios Cienna Snippets labels. As you can see, I didn't over embellish, I kept this layout very simple, particularly to draw attention to the beautiful Inspire collection.


There you have it my friends, my Week 6 2015. I hope that you all have a fantastic week and manage to get creative. I hope to see you all on Saturday for National Scrapbook Day and our Scrappy Canary Cyber Crop. Don't forget to stock up on all of your goodies for NSD in the Scrappy Canary Store and use the code LAUREN10 to get 10% off your order! Happy crafting! L xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive