Come and Meet the Polly! December Guest Designer!

23:10

Today on the blog we have December Guest Designer, Kate from FiveatEleven.com sharing her project using the November Polly PL kit.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I'm excited to be a guest on the Polly! blog today, sharing a 3 page layout, combined for weeks 45-46, using the Polly! Scrap Kits November Pocket Pages kit. I decided to combine the weeks - not enough photos for a spread each, but too many to try to condense to a page each. So - I just went with 3 pages instead! Here are the first two - 

The kit came with some gorgeous watercolour papers - so I concentrated on the blues & greens & combined those with the 5th & Frolic cards that also came in the kit, which for me, made the kit more usable for boys. The first week of November was a WET week for us! Sadly, it was the week of our much anticipated school fete! It poured rain ALL day, which kept away most sane people, but we still tried to have fun in the rain! 



Most of this spread came out of the kit & I was lucky enough to find a small alpha in my stash that matched the teal colour of the doily perfectly. I liked the letter patterned paper & thought it matched the "school" theme for the title card. I'm in love with those Heidi Swapp words - I was so happy to use them throughout the spread!

This card uses the letter press card from the kit, combined with some stickers that I had left over from the Polly! October kit. Suited our rain soaked day perfectly!
The RHS of the spread shows a simple week, but full of small moments! Marcus started to walk, & began sitting forward in the car; Marco was away for the week & the boys faces when he returned was priceless; and Remembrance Day - a special day for me. Again, the Heidi Swapp stickers & some cut up 5th & Frolic cards was all the embellishments the cards & photos needed.


And finally, page 3 of the spread, which shows some more fun from Week 46 - visits from friends, water fights & a front tooth lost!I think my favourite card of the whole spread is the 4x6 in the middle, yet is it so simple - just some lovely patterned paper & once again, those gorgeous silver words. Love. The 3x4 card of the right is also just from patterned paper, which I will add some journalling too later. I have really enjoyed working with those watercolour papers - very easy to use!

Don't forget to have a look here for the November kit used in this spread, or check out the just released December kit, Rainbow Paddlepop here. Can't wait to get my hands on that one! 
Enjoy

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love your pages Kate! They are beautiful as always! Love the colours as well. Lauren xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some gorgeous pages. You're right about the watercolours being gorgeous, they really suit every mood. And I love your little collage of the boys in their skeleton outfits - they look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages Kate- I'm loving the watercolour look too and I really like how you've used the papers here :-)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive